Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Monday, July 25, 2011

Time is flying by!

Last week I went back to work. We started working on things for volleyball. 2-a-days start August 1st so we've been running around getting things organized and ready for these girls! It is definitely going to be a crazy, busy season! I also found out last week that I have gestational diabetes. :( I met with a dietitian to learn what to eat and what to lay off of a little more for the rest of my pregnancy. It kind of stinks to not be able to eat whatever you want anyways, but it stinks even more when you're pregnant!!! I do know it is important, though, so that Sawyer can be healthy and so I can be healthy as well. I also have to take my blood sugar 4 times a day. I've only been doing it for 5 days and my fingers are so sore. I meet with the dietitian again on Wednesday to find out how I am doing and ways to tweak what I'm eating.
On a positive side.... :)
Joel and I set up Sawyer's room last week too! It was a lot of work putting together the crib (Joel did such a great job!) and then I put up the decorations. :) Her room will also be the guest room, so things are a little tight in there.

On Friday Mamaw, Papa, and Addyson came up from Waco to visit for the weekend. I'm so glad they were able to make the drive up to see us! We were able to spend a lot of time together too. On Saturday, my good friend and co-worker, Amanda, threw me a baby shower. Mamaw and Addyson were able to come to the shower while Joel and Papa hung out.


The shower was so nice! Amanda did a great job! It was ice-cream themed. There was vanilla ice cream and all kinds of toppings to choose from! I'm lucky to have such a good friend. After the shower we went up to Mamaw's hotel and swam with Addyson. She is pretty scared of the water, but Joel and I worked with her and got her to be not quite as scared. Sunday I worked with her some more and got a her a little more confident in the water. I know she wants to learn to swim; she's just scared of going under right now. We also watched a couple of movies at the hotel and just relaxed. It was so nice seeing all of them for the weekend. I was pretty sad last night after leaving them.
Joel left for coaching school yesterday morning and it was back to work for me today. I can't believe things are getting started for us. Time is just flying by! Sawyer will be here in no time!
That's all for now...I'm sure I've left stuff out! I'm so scatter-brained lately! Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment