Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Saturday, March 12, 2011

25th Birthday!

Spring Break is finally here!! A week away from the class room is going to be so nice!! Thursday night was the spring game for WT. Joel's team demolished the other guys!! I think he did all the play calling! ;) It was fun to hang out with the wives, and sort of watch the game! Dad also sent me flowers to work for my birthday!! It was a complete surprise!! They were so pretty!! I really have the best dad a girl could ask for.

Our girls lost last night to Canyon High school..it was pretty ugly. 22-0. Because of that, we had to practice today. Not really what I wanted to do on my birthday, but we definitely needed it!! Today, Joel and I slept in. We then got breakfast burritos :-P - - one of my favorite things!! We hung out for a few hours, now that football is over! I then went up to Amarillo to get a new shirt to wear to dinner tomorrow for our 1-year Anniversary! Then I got the truck washed at the gas station...it came out cleaner, but still dirty!! So much for a $5 wash. I'll have to wash it for real this week. Then I headed to practice, where only like 7 of our 12 girls showed up. Shows the commitment we have. I was talking to Joel about it last night and was pretty upset about it. I just remember when I played, if the coach said "we have practice tomorrow" I was there - no excuses! Joel reminded me how different the kids are today and, on top of that, how different the group of kids I am working with are from where I grew up. I guess I just figure an athlete to be an athlete. It seems like the other coaches and I have put so much time into these girls and yet some of them still don't care or aren't as committed as they should be. It is very frustrating. We play a team Monday that Caprock has never lost to and the other coach is pretty worried as to whether or not our team will show up ready to play. He keeps saying this may be the year they beat us. I hope not. I'm so tired of losing. It seems like I've done everything I can do and know how to do as a coach, yet we still come out on bottom. :-\ I just keep my head up and keep encouraging and pushing the girls to get better every game.
After practice I got home and Joel started cooking dinner. I helped a little, but he did most of it! It was probably one of the best whole meals we've made in our 1 year of marriage!! The baby liked it too! :)
Our China from Nana and CG :)
We then took the dogs for a walk. They're out of shape!! As soon as we got home they crashed on the floor! They're wiped out and breathing hard!! I also got my birthday/Christmas presents from mom in the mail today! Included was our first baby gift :) A stuffed animal puppy, tree frame, and a cross with a bible verse on it. I loved it all! I had tons of facebook posts and messages and texts today too. Joel also cleaned house a little and did some laundry while I was gone today! He is such a great husband! It makes me realize how blessed and loved I am to have such wonderful friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment