Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 2 - Success Feels SOOO Good!

Day 2 was mostly successful!! In my half-marathon training I was suppose to complete 3 miles! I honestly did not think I would make it or that I could do it. I completed the 3 miles in 40 minutes. I know that is probably a terrible time, but it was my first time and I feel so good for just making myself finish! I thought my legs were going to fall off at about 2.5 miles and wanted to quit, but I pushed to the finish! I did not run the entire time, but that is another goal for me. I know if I stick to this I'll be able to run that without stopping eventually! I did a little warm-up walk and then ran a nice, 10-minute mile. The rest of the time I would jog a good pace for about 2-3 minutes and then speed walk for 1-2 minutes, back and forth. I felt so good when I finally finished! I do belive this was a huge accomplishment for me to just dig deep and keep pushing myself to be better. It also helps to be surrounded by all these skinny, fit people because they are really good motivation to keep going!
I also drank only water today and a small cup of coffee. I met with some of my really good friends at a coffee place here in town tonight and felt like it was a good occassion for some coffee. I'm so blessed with the friends and people God has surrounded our family with here in Canyon. We have a wonderful "2nd family" who is always here for us and loves Sawyer just as much as we do. We also have a great group of friends from coaching and from church. I love spending time with any of them.
Joel gets home tonight from Tennessee! I'm excited to see him and I'm sure Sawyer will be too if she gets to see him in the morning before school. She always is excited to see her daddy. :)
That's all I've got for today! I'm heading to work on a very small, quick project before bed! 
Thank God for your blessings (big or small) tonight and remember all the good things in life. It takes on a whole new perspective when you remember what all you have and how good you really do have it when you think about all the blessings from above...then pray for miracles on the things out of your control. Trust in HIM. That's all we can do. He'll take care of us. :)
Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment