Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year 2013!!

Wow - - been over a year since we've posted here!! A lot has happened and a lot has changed! Sawyer is here (obviously!) and she has been a huge blessing in our lives! I hope to do a better job of sharing what's going on in our lives with you guys as well as try to come up with some fun/interesting posts. I'd like to be  "good" blogger! :) We'll see how it goes....

First I'm going to list some of the things I want to accomplish this year. Hopefully I can remember to come back here and post as I accomplish some of this stuff.

1. Work out more - I'm not saying an exact number of days or what exactly I want to do. I want to leave it open. My ultimate goal is to be in better shape and be more active. I plan to join a gym and give that a shot to see if it fits our schedule and doesn't take away too much time from Sawyer. Hopefully I can find a good balance. I like classes so I think if I can find a class I enjoy that fits my schedule, I'll be successful.

2. Eat healthier - Duh..probably on everyone's list. I don't eat horrible. We don't even eat out that much or eat a bunch of junk. I just know I could do better. I would like to give up sodas but I LOVE them! :) I think I'll start with limiting myself to 3 sodas a week. That way I only drink them when I seriously need one. Hopefully I'll wean myself back off of them and not "need" them anymore. (They just taste so darn good!)

3. Photoshoot with Sawyer - I've always wanted to do my own photo shoot. I have a nice camera and see great ideas all the time. I think it'd be fun to try my own shoot with Sawyer. I'd also like to take a photography class so I can learn different techniques and how to use photoshop to enhance pictures. Photography is something I've always been interested in learning more about so this would be a fun project.

4. Play/Story Time with Sawyer - I'd like to create a daily routine with Sawyer for each night. We've tried story time multiple times but she wants to just open and close the book. We'll keep trying and I'm sure one day she'll actually let me read her a story :)

5. Capture Sawyer's many facial expressions - I want to try and capture Sawyer's different expressions. She is hilarious and it'd be fun to make some sort of book or collage for her to look back at one day.

6. Date Nights - I want to do a better job of creating time for Joel and me. We need to pick a night at least each month that is "our" night and create time for us. I've always been told to do this and we enjoy just hanging out together, so I think this can easily be accomplished :) We don't have to actually go and do anything but we can have fun just spending time together.

7. Picnic/Hike - I want to go on a picnic/hike in Palo Duro Canyon. I'd like to go on the Lighthouse trail. We have a carrier for Sawyer so this is very possible!

8. Pictures - I want to do a better job of sending pictures of Sawyer and family pictures to mine and Joel's grandparents. It helps them keep up with us and it is fun to send letters with them!

9. Letters - Speaking of mailing pictures, I'd like to handwrite at least 1 letter a month to someone...an old friend, family member, etc.

10. Little Projects - I hope to come up with little projects or things to create for the house or for Sawyer. I'd like to have at least 1 project per month. I'll post pictures as I go!

Hopefully I can keep up with this and do a better job posting!! :) Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment