Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Well, Sawyer woke up extra early this morning! I guess she knew I needed a practice run of early-rising before we go back to school tomorrow. We went to the early service at church. That was neat because it was the traditional service and we usually go to the contemporary service. It was nice to hear old hymns. We then came home and she took a nap while I looked up meal ideas and stuff (I'll share more later). I finished up my first little project for her!! It is the quiet book that teaches her to fasten things she'll be wearing. Here are the pictures I promised!
The cover: Close Your Clothes

Button your blouse!    Close your Snaps!       Zip your zipper!
Velcro your shoes!     Button your Jeans!     Tie your shoes!!
 
Close your belt!
 
Sorry they're sideways. I couldn't figure out how to rotate them in the blog page. Everything used in the book is stuff I had at home (except the belt). The clothes and items are things she wore when she was smaller. That makes it a little more fun too!
Alright, on to the workout/eat healthy challenge! YAY! I have my menu for the week set and my workout plan for the week set. I will be having my herbalife shake for breakfast and lunch every day. I have string cheese, lunch meat, apple slices, nuts, and hard-boiled eggs for snacks this week. I will have a morning snack and an afternoon snack. As far as dinner goes, I have to cook what we have so these options aren't the healthiest, but next time we get groceries I can plan a little better. Monday I'm having chicken enchiladas! They're delicious so I'm excited about that! Tuesday I'll be making mini pizzas for Sawyer and me. Wednesday we eat at church. I think it is meatloaf and potatoes this week. Thursday I will be having left-over chicken alfredo casserole. I made that tonight and it was amazing! I made the alfredo sauce from scratch. Friday we're making hamburgers. Saturday I'm making potato soup. Sunday will be a leftovers day. :)
I know this menu and plan isn't perfect yet, but I'm just beginning. I will get better as I get to do more research and plan better.
WEEKLY CHALLENGE:
   I have chosen my weekly challenge. I will be giving up dark sodas. I have been telling myself for a long time I was going to give them up completely. I think this is a good way to start. If I just really really need a soda for some reason, I will have a sprite. They're not my favorite so I will REALLY have to want one to get one. I think I can go completely without soda so if that happens - great! :)
 
I did get a picture of my workout schedule. I've decided to sign up and train for a half-marathon! I will be needing LOTS of encouragement! I know I can do this. It is something I've always wanted to do. Here is the workout plan I found at halhigdon.com
I am trying to find a half marathon around the beginning to middle of April to sign up for, so if you know of any or have any suggestions let me know! One in Amarillo or Lubbock area would be best so I don't have to travel far for my first one, but I'm willing to go as far as Dallas.
That's it for now. I'm off to bed. EARLY morning tomorrow!! I have to get back on my schedule!  Lots of prayers my way and yours if you're doing this with me. Our 30-day challenge starts tomorrow! Have a good one!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment