Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Today was nice. We got a little visit from The Lashley clan :) (Joel's aunt, uncle, and cousins). I always love getting a visit from them!! They're so fun! Sawyer loves Uncle Todd! She just played with him and didn't pay attention to anyone else the entire time! We got to have lunch together before they got back on the road home. Then Sawyer and I went to Amarillo with Katie and Molly (more of Sawyer's favorite people) and we spent most of the afternoon and evening up there shopping around and eating dinner at Sakura (Molly's favorite place, next to Rosa's). I really enjoyed it; especially because Monday starts the kickoff of my 30-day challenge (I'm hoping to extend it to 60 and then 90 days, but I want to set realistic goals for myself). My 30-day challenge is to stick to my Herbalife shakes. I LOVE them but it is hard to drink them for lunch when I see and smell warm food around me at school. I'm serious about this, though, and want to get back into shape and look and feel better.
My challenge is to drink a shake for breakfast (easiest part - I love having them for breakfast) and a shake at lunch (hard to stick to but easy during the week because it will be my only choice at school!) and then to eat a healthy, balanced dinner. The dinner shouldn't be too hard either because I usually cook dinner. I just have to make sure it is good for me and to always include good veggies and some fruit.
Along with the shakes, I'm going to challenge myself to give up one thing that is not good for me each week. This will be the hardest part. I'll post what I choose to give up as soon as I decide. I know what it should be (soda), but I'm having such a hard time parting with that!! I'm also going to be going to the gym and working hard to get fit and toned. My goal for the first 30 days is to get to the gym at least 3 times a week. If you want to join me I got my membership at the Town Club and plan to take some of the classes that focus on cardio and some weight lifting. I'll also most likely run on the treadmill if I can still move after the class. :) I like the Town Club because they have a daycare that only costs $1 for an hour and a half and it is pretty good size with toys and stuff to keep Sawyer busy, so once softball starts I'll still be able to go work out after practices!
I'm also going to weigh myself and measure my chest, waist, hips, biceps, and thighs each Monday morning and keep track of it in a journal so I can see my progress. If you want to do this challenge with me let me know! Maybe we can keep each other accountable! I could also sell you Herbalife shakes if you want to try them. I think they're delicious (especially the mint chocolate chip warmed up on these cold mornings - - - YUMMY!!) Wish me luck and prayers!!
Anyways, other things going on in the fam...
I have started some craft projects =  YAY! I saw on Pinterest a quiet book where you use old baby clothes to make a book to teach your kid how to work their clothes. Examples are buttoning a shirt, buttoning pants, tie their shoes, etc. I have almost completed it. I'm looking for a belt so she can practice closing a belt. I'll post pictures when I finish! It is looking cute and I think she'll really enjoy it, especially when she gets a little older. I also got materials at Hobby Lobby today to do a few projects for some gifts for friends. I'm really excited about these and will post pictures of them as well, after the friend gets the gifts of course!!

No comments:

Post a Comment