Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day of Rest!

Today was a true day of rest!! Joel was bored...but I sure got my rest! :) The past few days have been a little crazy and overwhelming at times. I took our varsity team to Ennis for softball tournament and we just did not do so great. We lost all 6 games and were outscored 72-6. On top of that we had different team issues and things that will need to be worked out. They did get better every game, though. We definitely have our work cut out for us!
Joel still has not found his keys! He is supposed to go into Amarillo tomorrow and get a new key so hopefully that is pretty easy. I think he had a nice past few days. He went to a couple WT softball games and a basketball game. The WT teams are pretty successful and ranked so he said they were good games. Today, after Sunday school, I took a nap for a couple hours. I think he slept too, but then he got bored. I soaked up all of the relaxation!! :) Tonight we were finally able to go to one our Sunday school class get-togethers. We have it once a month but Joel and I have never been able to go for some reason or another. It was a lot of fun hanging out and getting to know everyone more. We did a lesson on the parts of the body and how every part has a purpose. We talked about our purpose that God has given us. It was good to soak it all in and to learn a little more about myself. I realized that I'm where I'm supposed to be in coaching and teaching and just being able to be there for my girls and to help those kids learn and grow every day.
My girls play tomorrow and then Wednesday morning we leave for El Paso. If we don't see some improvement, this weekend may be even more stressful than last. I just keep praying for our girls to continue to grow and improve and for patience in me. I read them a quote about resilience this weekend that really hit home for our team:
"You can get sympathy or you can get better, but you can't get both. You can be in your comfort zone or you can have growth, but you can't have both. You can be interested or you can be sold-out-committed, but you can't entertain both. You can have excuses or have results, but you can't do both. [You choose your path.]" - Mario Cortes
I really liked the quote because it seems like we have just been making a lot of excuses for the way we are performing. We have a young team. We have a lot of people out on injuries. We haven't been able to get a lot of practice outside because of snow...etc. The list goes on and on. At some point, though, we have to play ball and use the talent we have to the best of our abilities. I think our girls are starting to grasp that point. It really showed in our last game on Saturday because they hung in there for awhile. I just hope they keep choosing the right path.
As far as the pregnancy...things are good. I'm just really tired! I ate a lot of pickles this weekend :) The girls make fun of me for it, but I've always loved pickles anyways! Joel said the guys look pretty good in practices, but out of shape. I'm excited to see the spring game when it gets here. He's been working so hard. I'm proud of him. :)
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment