Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!! Today was pretty good! There was a lot going on today but seemed like there wasn't enough time for everything. I haven't posted in a few days so let me catch you up...

Friday was just a normal day. Nothing too exciting happened. We did get to go to dinner with the Nesbitts and some of the WT offensive staff. We went to this little Italian place downtown called Napoli's...it is delicious!! We were there so late, though! We stayed until 10:30 and I had to get up around 6 Saturday morning. Saturday wasn't so great. We had a scrimmage in Shallowater and my girls just fell apart. We have quite a few injuries and one player was at a family reunion. Our pitcher did fine, but the defense just had too many errors. All the problems are fixable, though, so we definitely have our work cut out for us! Hopefully we can only go up from here!! Sunday was nice. We went to Sunday School and it was packed! We then came home and spent HOURS cleaning the house and doing laundry! Let me just say...it was WAY overdue! Joel helped me the whole time! :) He is such a great husband. That brings us to today....

I started off this morning a little rushed. I hit the snooze button one too many times :) but I still made it to work early. I then realized during 2nd period I had to get a lesson plan ready for my class I had to miss (4th perio) to go to the doctor! Joel met me at the doctor's office but we had to sit there for 45 minutes waiting to see him past our appointment time! UGH! That was a little frustrating because we both really needed to get back to work. I weighed (yikes!) and then had my exam...there is DEFINITELY a baby in there!! haha Joel finally got the REAL confirmation today! :) The doctor thinks I am only about 8 weeks though :-\ I really thought I was further along. Since he thought I was only 8 weeks he didn't want to listen for a heartbeat because it is hard to hear this early. On the other hand, though, since my dates were a little weird and I thought I was further along, he scheduled us a sonogram for tomorrow morning just to be sure on the date! I'm excited because that means we get to actually SEE the baby!! He was pretty sure there is only one baby in there, but we'll know for sure tomorrow! I felt bad that Joel had to sit there (again) for an hour and a half really for nothing. At least tomorrow he'll for sure get to see something! We're pretty excited and can't wait! When I got back to school I had a ton of things to do in a short period of time. I had to write a rec letter for one of my players, get grades posted and turned in (WAY too many kids failed!) and make sure we had everything ready to go for practice. I work well on the clock though when things need to get done fast! :) Just at the beginning of 8th period I got some sad news....one of our girls found out early January that her mom has cancer and they gave her less than 6 months to live. This morning she passed away. I felt so bad for the girl. She is a junior and has 2 younger sisters and I think 1 older sister. She is such a sweet kid and really has kept this kind of bottled up. What we knew about it was from some of the other players informing us. Please be praying for this girl. On top of that, our team is fighting tons of injuries. I looked over on the side today and counted 6 girls out with injuries...1 in a boot, 1 shoulder surgery, 1 hernia, 1 ACL tear, 1 in a knee brace still waiting to see what is wrong, 1 broken wrist...the list goes on! Then our 1 pitcher right now is having shoulder problems and is very limited in what she is allowed to do for now and another one of our seniors and best players may have a PCL injury... :-\ This is just a rough season and will be a major challenge to get through. I really hope our girls can all come together and fight through all of this and stick together like a family. Oh...I also had one of my JV girls, who I have put so much time and effort into since day 1 to teach to pitch, quit on me. She wouldn't really talk much about it, but I'm really sad to see her go. I really like this kid a lot but it is a choice she has made and is going to stick with.
My day ended much better though. I came home to Joel cooking dinner :) He made us spaghetti and some garlic toast. It was yummy! He said it was his first time to boil noodles! Ha! How crazy is that?!? He did a good job though! He said his day was pretty slow and not a lot happened. They had meetings all day to plan for practices. Spring Ball starts tomorrow so he has a lot going on the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they see a lot of good things out there for next season! We're both really tired and ready for bed though so I think it is about that time!! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!! We love yall! Hopefully I'll have some pictures of our little one to post tomorrow!! I'll keep yall updated! Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment