Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Brown-Sky Sunday

This picture is one that Melissa took out at her house. I got it off facebook because I didn't take a picture today. This is what the sky looked like all day! There were fires all over the panhandle and people had to evacuate in some areas. Joel and I were not affected, but we did lose power for a little bit. I called today a "Brown-sky Sunday" because the sky was brown! :) I think we should've gotten brownie sundaes to celebrate the occassion! haha :)
Well...this weekend was LONG! We left for El Paso early Wednesday morning and got back around 1AM this morning. We played 8 games; got run-ruled 6 out of the 8 games. We did win one..finally!! And the last game we lost 9-5 but played a great game! The girls are getting better every game and continue to learn. There were 28 teams in the tournament. We ended up in Division 4..which was the bottom division. We got 2nd place in that division since we won our game in bracket play...so the girls got a plaque and silver medals! haha :) I thought it was kind of funny, and the girls did too. They weren't really all that excited about the medals and stuff because we really eneded up like 26 out of 28 teams! It was more of a "Thanks for driving this far" reward than anything else.
My good friend Lauren got married yesterday! I'm so happy for her!! I wasn't able to go because I was in El Paso, but Joel went. I can't wait to see pictures. Jarrod and Michelle also came down for the wedding. I was pretty sad I didn't get to go and didn't get to hang out with Jarrod and Michelle. :( I only got to see them this morning for about 10 minutes while they loaded everything up and then left for Colorado. Hopefully we get a chance to go up and visit or they get a chance to come back sooner than later! Today was a nice, lazy day. We met the Freemans (Mike and Melissa and Lauren) for lunch. Lauren, their baby, is precious!! She has gotten so big since the last time I saw her! She definitely kept us entertained throughout lunch! Joel held her some. He was so cute holding her and talking to her! :) I can't wait to see him with our baby. He's going to be such a great dad. They gave us lots of advice, which I love!! We'll take advice from anyone!! We're new at this so we'll take all the help we can get! I then slept all afternoon, seriously! I slept for probably 2-3 hours at least! It was great!
The head softball coach I work with had her little girl, Abigail, last night at 8PM. She weighed in at 8 pounds 13 ounces and was 22 inches long!! BIG baby!! I can't wait to meet her! Tomorrow we travel to Dalhart for softball. We played them a few weeks ago in a scrimmage and they were pretty good, so I'm nervous to see how we'll play. We need the practice though! Hope everyone had a good weekend!! If you're like me, you're counting down to Spring Break!! Ours is in 2 weeks and I cannot wait!! Anytime any of yall want to come up and visit just let us know! We miss all our friends and family who live so far away and love when we get to see yall!! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment