Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

SnOw DaY!! 2.9.11



Today was AWESOME!! We got at least 5 inches of snow last night! School was cancelled so I got to sleep in! Kristen (a girl I teach with) came over and we made a snowman. The snowman had to lay down though because the snow was just straight powder! We then made chocolate-covered strawberries! YUM! Then came the best part of the day....
Joel had to go into work this morning. He called me about 11:30 and said "Start airing up the snow tube! Hopefully we'll get to go to the stadium and sled!" I was so excited I couldn't stand it! I didn't hear from him again until 3:30 when he said "let's go!" I've been wanting to sled down this hill since I first saw it 3 years ago! The snow today was perfect! At one point when I was climbing back up the hill, the snow came up to my knees! I made Joel go first to make sure he would stay on the tube the whole way down without crashing. He slid all the way out to about the 30 yard line! Then it was my turn! I screamed the whole way down!! I spun around backwards about half way down the hill...it was so scary - - but FUN! I slid out to at least to 40 yard line! Kristen and Lauren sledded with us and we all had so much fun!
Lauren and I then went to meet up with all the coaches' wives for Camille's last hoorah :( Camille is the wife of Joel's OC (Mike) who has just accepted a job at SFA. I'm going to miss her so much and I know Joel is really going to miss Mike (and Gavin too). We really love their family. They have done so much for us since we've been here and been so much fun to be around! We went to dinner..the roads were terrible, but that didn't keep us from meeting up! We had a good time but are sad to see her go.
Overall today was the best snow day ever! I was able to relax and then we had a lot of fun doing all sorts of things! I'm glad the snow finally hit us! My head is definitely ready to hit the pillow though!! Hope everyone had as good of a Wednesday as I did!! Good night!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so MUCH fun! Now, don't do it again.....you are pregnant and Aunt Cynthia had a fit when she read this! love you

    ReplyDelete