Sunsets

Sunsets
September 2012

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Day!!


Today was pretty crazy and full of ups and downs! The morning did not start off so great...Joel had to leave for work around 5:30AM so I wake up to find out that he has lost his keys. We tore the house apart looking for them with no luck at all!! We STILL have not found them! What do you do when you lose your only key to your car?? So I end up taking him to work. We had our sonogram today, but Joel wasn't able to make it because he had no keys to drive up to Amarillo :( That was pretty sad. So I leave for school just knowing today wasn't going to be so great with this start...
I get to school to find out that my co-teacher sub isn't there and that they have given me no one in her place. Our kids are VERY needy and it is really tough having just one teacher in there when they're used to getting help from 2. So that was pretty stressful. I was frustrated about it and not happy and then later I find out that the longterm sub's son has passed away. I felt awful because I had been so frustrated about it and now thinking of the bad situation she is now in. Pray for her and her family.
I get to the sonogram, during my lunch break, and I'm able to go right in! I was still pretty bummed that Joel wasn't going to be able to come, but I videoed the sonogram for him - - that is why you all now get to see it it too so thank him for that! :) It was pretty awesome and crazy all at the same time. The baby was moving around a lot the entire time!! We found out our estimated due date is around September 22. We should be able to find out if it is a boy or girl around May I think. Seeing the baby and hearing the heartbeat just really made my day! God is awesome! Oh yeah, there is definitely just 1 baby there so that is good! :)
The rest of the day went ok. I had to work on my softball field for over an hour trying to get it playable. That was an interesting task since I had no idea what I was doing! I did it though! Hopefully it looks better as the week goes on. We still had some snow all the way around the edges. After practice I went to my first rosary. One of the girls on our team had her mom pass away yesterday from cancer :( It was pretty sudden. I had this girls younger sister in class last year and am now coaching her this year and they are such great girls. I couldn't imagine losing someone so close to me. During the rosary, the head coach (my friend) started having contractions. She is due in 8 days...we had to get up and leave because we thought she might be going in to labor!! How crazy?!? She went on home to her husband and is waiting a little while to make sure before they go up to the hospital. She promised to let me know either way what happens no matter what time it is! I hope her little girl is coming! She is so ready and so is everyone else! That sums up my day...
Joel started spring ball today. He said practice went pretty well and that they actually looked pretty good. He was pretty excited about seeing the video and pictures of our baby. I know he wanted to be there so bad, but he'll definitely get to go next time. We're pretty exhausted and heading to bed now!! Enjoy the video and picture!! That's our little one that will be here come September!! Love yall!

1 comment:

  1. I don't see the video, but can click on the picture! How awesome is this! This is our 1st picture of the baby! Love you both

    ReplyDelete